Jetpack Publicize helps BestKnownHost WordPress users auto-publish posts to social media websites like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and other sites. It is definitely a must-use function and highly recommended to help with SEO. In this tutorial, we're going to give you step by step overview of how to set up the Jetpack Publicize feature of the Jetpack WordPress plugin.
To enable Publicize:
- Go to Jetpack → Settings → Sharing in your site’s WP Admin.
- Click the toggle to activate Automatically share your posts to social networks.
Connecting to Social Networks
You can connect your site to any of your social network profiles by following these steps:
- Log in to your Wordpress website by visiting https://YourWebsite.com/wp-admin , and from the My Sites menu item at the top of the page, select the Jetpack-connected site you want to connect your social media accounts. Note: you may need to click on ‘Switch Sites’ to find the site you want to manage Publicize on.
- Navigate to Tools → Marketing → Connections.
- Click Connect next to the Social Network you want to connect to.
- Log in to that Social Network site and authorize the connection.
After you add a new connection, you have the option to make the connection ‘global’, meaning it can also be used by any other user on your site who has the ability to publish posts.
To make the connection available to all users, check the box labeled Connection available to all administrators, editors, and authors:
Note: Making a connection global only allows other users to share their posts to the social network.
Sharing New Posts
To configure the Publicize options when writing a new post, click the green Jetpack icon at top right of the edit screen:
You’ll then see the Publicize options under the Share this post section, where you can toggle social media connections, connect new services, and write a custom message to be used when your post is shared.
Note: if you have Pre-publish checks enabled in your editor settings, you’ll also see the Publicize options after clicking the Publish… button.